Club Name: E-Club of D9210 Harare
Name of the Project: Water and Sanitation to Secondary Schools
Objectives: What you plan to achieve by the end of your project?
- The project will provide water and sanitation infrastructure to two secondary schools in Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe: Muzarabani High and Hwata Secondary School.
Area of focus: What area focus does the project support?
- Water and Sanitation.
Community Needs: What primary needs were identified before project initiation?
The need to:
- Overcome barriers by assisting children to remain at school and those that stopped to continue in rural Mashonaland Central, Zimbabwe.
- Encourage learning through books and online access to materials, sports activities.
- Create opportunity to thrive in life skills and seed income generating ventures.
- Develop school infrastructure like functioning classrooms, access to clean water for students and teachers, toilets are safe and clean, and battery based solar energy.
Category: What category does your project fall under? Planned Project, Ongoing Project, or Completed Project.
- It’s on final stages of completion.
Direct Beneficiaries: Who are the direct beneficiaries of this project?
- Students and teachers
Indirect Beneficiaries: Who are the indirect beneficiaries of this project?
- The community
Sustainability: How sustainable is the project and what have you done to ensure sustainability?
- Training of local community
Partners: Who are your project partners?
- Rotary E-Club of D9210 Harare, Zimbabwe
- Rotary club of Norwood, D9510 Australia
- No Barriers Education Foundation Inc
- Muzarabani High School, Zimbabwe
- Hwata Secondary School, Zimbabwe
Budget: What is the project budget?
- $65,000 for both schools