Club Name: Rotary Club of Highlands District 9210
Name of the Project: GG1869022 Capacitation of women through Economic Empowerment Training
- Introduction to computers: Provide basic knowledge on how to use/operate a computer to better their businesses and perform record keeping the modern way. Training on accurate record keeping for the self-help groups through the Internet for marketing their products using WhatsApp, Facebook and other social media easily accessible on their phones. Learn about PC maintenance, basic computer operations, Microsoft Office Word, the Internet and emails.
- Business Training: Start a business, Goal setting, Saving and Loans Management, Record Keeping, Basic Business Practice, Communication and Leadership, Business Plans, Conflict Management and Problem Solving.
Area of focus:
- Community and Economic Development
- The economic empowerment training program tackles high unemployment and other social ills. Women can then run meaningful businesses and provide for their families without effective males, traditionally expected to be heads of families and breadwinners.
- Ongoing Project
- Women’s Self-Help Groups in Mabvuku and Tafara
- Family and Community members.
- The trained women and young ladies can become more successful in their businesses, earn income, and teach others to operate successful businesses. Support groups have been encouraged, so there is continual learning.
- Rotary Club of Denver Mile High District 5450, Rotary Club of Highlands District 9210, Mabvuku and Tafara Town Councils, Harare, Zimbabwe.
- USD $88,686.
- PP George Pangeti
President Carolyn Chiphuma: +263775566522