Club Name: Rotaract Club of Harare West
Name of the Project: Building a School Block for Open Hope Foundation in Epworth
- To have the children learning in a safe environment.
- To have a School that will be able to cater for more school children.
- To achieve one area of focus this 2022/23 Rotary year.
Area of focus:
- Basic education and literacy
- The children need textbooks; computers and white board markers. The Club has already provided stationery for the school children.
- Ongoing Project. We started with providing stationery for the primary school kids.
- Primary School Children from the ages of 5-13 years in Epworth. 60% of the children are orphans.
- Project 25. The pioneers of the project.
- As a club we’ve realised that if not all club projects involve once off visits and that will be all. We would like to ensure that the school kids have a place to learn that is safe, especially during the winter term. It will also mean the school will be able to admit more children as they mostly cater for orphans within the area.
- The project is being funded by the club’s fundraiser which is Trivia hosted every Tuesday at the Q-bar in Harare. We also have sponsors that assist, which are Kalose perfumes and Dandy Graphics.
- The project is finish up the roofing on the first block which totals to an amount of $2000 (USD). The finishing of the first has an estimated budget of about $5000 (USD). The Trivia fundraiser will also be complemented by donations from well-wishers because we want to ensure that the children learn in a safe environment.