Club Name: Tiyende Pamodzi Rotaract Club
Name of the Project: Northmead Special Needs-Ablution Construction
Objectives: What you plan to achieve by the end of your project?
- Tiyende Pamodzi Rotaract Club adopted the Special Needs Department at Northmead Secondary School. The Department is responsible for providing education to Children with Physical and mental challenges. The Club intends to build an Ablution Block with features meant to aid the Children.
Area of focus: What area focus does the project support?
- Disease prevention and treatment.
- Water and sanitation.
- Maternal and child health.
Community Needs: What primary needs were identified before project initiation?
- Children in the community were/are kept away from going to school because of lack of proper amenities. These include having an ablution block with showers, wheelchair ramp and handrails.
Category: What category does your project fall under?
- Ongoing Project
Direct Beneficiaries: Who are the direct beneficiaries of this project?
- Pupils with special needs that attend school at Northmead Secondary
Sustainability: How sustainable in the project and what have you done to ensure sustainability?
- The club has involved the school administration who will provide consultancy assistance from expert personnel during the construction and guidance in liaising with the Ministry of Education
Partners: Who are your project partners?
- Rotary Club of Maluba, TPR Alums, Baobab College and Ministry of Education
Budget: What is the project budget?
- USD 15,000
- President Mwango Benedict Chipalabwe: +260962814751